Tuesday, February 23, 2010

When the Nazis came for the communists...

I posted this poem awhile back... I'm posting it again... Today I was fired from my government job because I voiced my opinions. My opinions didn't sit well with Big Brother. I asked, " What about the Charter of Rights and Freedoms ?" The right to freeexpression.... They told me at work it doesn't exist....

So take heed people. In Canada, to be specific, Ontario.... Democracy is dead. Big Brother is alive and well. Take heed....



When the Nazis came for the communists,

I remained silent;
I was not a communist.

Then they locked up the social democrats,
I remained silent;
I was not a social democrat.

Then they came for the trade unionists,
I did not speak out;
I was not a trade unionist.

Then they came for the Jews,
I did not speak out;
I was not a Jew.

When they came for me,
there was no one left to speak out for me.

--
Martin Niemöller

Labels: , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger StealingKitty said...

WOW! These are beginnings or tests I think in life. Losing your job is always a difficulty, but getting back out there immediately ensures you find your way faster. Good luck and keep fighting the good fight my man.

February 23, 2010 at 1:45 PM  
Blogger TheStory said...

Thanks beautiful... At the end of the day it was just a job. I've quit better. my colleagues were sound folk. Very good stock. I appreciate the time I shared with my colleagues...

February 23, 2010 at 2:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home