Saturday, January 29, 2011

The Best Things in Life...



I met and old time Canadian today.
You know the kind, the talkative 1950s
down east kind of fella. Met him in line
at the beer store. Talked about the absurdity of life.
He said the best things in life often break.
And sometimes all we can do is sit there
and take it on the chin.

I said goodbye, walked away, thought about what he said...

The Promises
The Faith
The Truth
The Spirit
The Trust
The Will
The Soul
The Love
The Heart

The old timer had a point.
They all broke. One by one.
And sometimes in twos.
And often by their own hand.

And I thought to myself,
those are the taxes you pay
for the best things in life...

-TheStory

*Conversations from the Beer Store

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home