Saturday, November 20, 2010

Lessons for Life...

A story with a lesson...By a dear friend of mine.

I was walking with my dog and we arrived at a small park. There is a hill on one of side of the park and sitting on it were two young, emo-looking teenagers. In the bowl of the park was a 3 year-old little boy, happily frolicking with his white-haired grandmother, kicking around a soccer ball.

As I entered the park, the teenagers got up and started walking along the top of the hill. They stopped and the boy turned back to face the girl, then awkwardly put his arms out and around her. She bowed her head to his chest and started crying. It sounded like this, "Wooo hooo wooo hooo hoooo!"

The little boy, who had just thrown himself onto the ground in the way that little boys tend to do when they're in the throes of passionate play, stopped and stared at the couple. He looked up at his grandmother and asked, "What's that noise?"

I was walking right by them at that moment and she turned to me, laughing, her hands in her hair, as if to say, "What am I going to tell the little dickens?"

Grinning, I answered, "It's just love," and tossed my poo bag in the garbage.

*Written and told by a dear friend of TheStory...

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger etoile said...

I loved this story and enjoy your blog! Thanks for sharing!

December 9, 2010 at 12:43 PM  
Blogger TheStory said...

Thank you Etoile. I appreciate your comments and taking the time to read...

The story belongs to a "Special" friend that has a unique way of not only telling stories but attracting the story

December 12, 2010 at 7:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home